Thursday, March 31, 2011

Line Study #3





Line Study #3: Water Towers
I have lots of ideas for this study. Water towers are something that the suburbs have that the city does not. Of course, first off I am interested in the linear qualities that they have. This first project is looking at towers from the 2nd or 3rd tier suburbs as they are a little further out from the city than the 1st tier ones. This mixed media drawing is based off of the Anoka water tower. It was one of the first ones that caught my eye.
I'm curious about the function of the water tower, not just holding water, but proudly displaying the name of the suburb. Many of them are similar but with different attributes, which in a way lead to individual characters.
I'm planning on documenting a lot of the 2nd and 3rd tier towers from different angles to look for other linear qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment